Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Thankfulness

annual review, Asperger's, autism, IEP, nice kids, related service providers, school, thankfulness, painting
I'm a little late today, but two more walls have been given two fresh coats of paint, so please forgive me! Today's thankfulness:

1. I am thankful that Gus will be getting the appropriate and needed services in a great environment next year. Our annual review went better than I'd hoped because I was expecting a real fight on our hands.

2. I am thankful for the wonderful support from Gus's teachers, aides, therapists, counselor, and peers. Knowing that he's in a good place makes it easier to feel hopeful about his future.

3. I am thankful that I only have one small wall and the foyer left to paint, and I give kudos to people who do this for a living. I never knew how difficult a job painting a living room could be. However, as tough as it is right now, I'm going to feel damned good about myself when it's done!

What are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

  1. were still looking for a school for our son. We have to find the right fit and its not so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the difficulty in finding the right 'fit.' I was just explaining to a friend that while I've come across some fabulous teachers for Gus. The last was great, but just not quite right for him. His current teacher does much better with him - he's a very happy kid. We were being advised to try him with a new teacher for next year, and she's great, but why give up what I know is good for an unknown?

    One thing I've learned to do is to watch Gus's initial reaction to someone. If he seems cool toward them, it's not likely that he'll warm up significantly. Does your son give any signs to indicate how he'll do in a particular environment?

    I wish you luck in your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grateful for health and happiness...

    peace,
    mike
    livelife365

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike: And shall we add artichokes and almonds to your list? I seem to recall a fondness for those! :-) Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful that I found your blog! I'm also grateful that President Obama is committed to prioritizing autism research and supporting families.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - thanks for sharing your insights!