Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update on Burt's Bees for Eczema

Asperger's, autism, Burt's Bees Apricot Oil, eczema,
Not too long ago, I posted about how I have started using Burt's Bees Apricot oil for Gus's eczema. Now that I've been able to observe the results for a couple of weeks, I wanted to point out a couple of things.

It seems to work really well for mild to moderate cases of eczema. For more severe cases, it does help and has greatly lessened the latest flareup, but there is still a little bit of a rash trying to take hold. So my guess is that I'll be using the steroid cream, but much less than I normally would.

Another interesting thing I'm noticing is that the parts of Gus that have been covered at night (i.e. his legs since he's been wearing long pajamas with short-sleeved pj shirts) are doing better than the uncovered parts - arms and hands in MM's case. For Gus at least, this presents a slight problem, because the hotter he gets, the worse the rashes get, so I can't cover his arms as it gets warmer. Pretty soon, he'll be wearing shorts as well, so I'm curious to see how the backs of his legs do then.

I still stand by my opinion that the apricot oil is working better than anything else we've tried, but it does have its limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - thanks for sharing your insights!